Download our FREE smartphone app today!
|Deadline: Friday 7th June 2013||Contact: Miss Turgut and Miss Boxer|
You should spend approximately three hours preparing this project.
On Your Marks Links:
Get into a group of 3 or 4 with pupils from your class. You will create a samba-style performance together which will be performed in front of the class during assessment week. You must:
- Include at least one rhythm for each person (create your own)
- Use a different instrument for each person (e.g. body percussion, chairs, tables, spoons, pens etc)
- A solo improvisation section for each person
- Include a clear beginning and ending
- Changing dynamics
Create an information pack about samba. You might want to include information about:
- Each instrument that is used
- Where samba comes from
- What happens in a samba school
- Cultural traditions
Create a score for your performance. Come and find Miss Boxer or Miss Turgut to ask about this if you are not sure what to do.