Free School Meals - Check your Eligibility
Free School Meals – Check your Eligibility
The Academy has now made it easier for parents/carers to check eligibility for free school meals by using an online facility.
If you receive any of the following benefits your child will be eligible for free school meals daily and free uniform , which includes a blazer, tie, PE Polo top and jumper :
- Income Support (IS)
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance (IBJSA)
- An Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA(IR))
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided that you are not entitled to Working Credit and an annual income, assessed by HM Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190)
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
How to check your eligibility
If you want to check your eligibility for Free School Meals and uniform you can visit www.myfreeschoolmeals.com select ‘Apply’ and then follow the simple instructions.
If it indicates that you are eligible, please contact Charlene Gordon at the Academy office on 020 8859 9168 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your child receives a free school meal within one day.
The Academy will then require you to provide the written evidence to confirm the entitlement period and to assist with the supply of the uniform entitlement.
If you would like us check your eligibility on your behalf please complete the Harris Academy Greenwich Eligibility Check form and return it to Charlene Gordon at the Academy office.
Please click on the image below to be directed to the free school meals website: