We have a strict uniform policy and a zero tolerance approach at the Academy which aims to give students a sense of pride and to aid the outstanding behaviour and reputation we already have. Parents should note the following:
- Please note that as well as adhering to our core uniform list (A4 minimum size bag, equipment, blazer, white shirt, navy V-neck jumper, tie, black trousers/pleated skirt, proper black school shoes, black ankle socks, no trainers, no makeup), students are not permitted to wear any jewellery apart from a watch. This includes earrings and tongue piercings.
- We also have a PE kit uniform.
- We have no rules about hairstyles/colour and students may style this as they wish. However hair bands etc. should be plain black or navy.
- No Charity wristbands are to be worn.
- If parents wish to have their child’s ears pierced we advise doing this at the start of the summer holidays so that they can be removed more easily during school time. We do not accept plasters over ears to cover earrings or any other concession – they must be removed in school time.
- Year ties – Each year group will be required to wear the tie colour that corresponds to their year. Below are the colours for each year group for September 2023.
Year 7 – GREEN
Year 8 – BLUE
Year 9 – RED
Year 10 – YELLOW
Year 11 – PURPLE
Students who are not in correct uniform will be placed in our Referral/Isolation room until the situation has been resolved. No student with jewellery / earrings or incorrect uniform will never be allowed into lessons.
Please follow the link below to view the sportswear board:
To order uniform you can visit Casey at
246 Blackfen Road
Kent, DA15 8PW
Tel: 0208 850 8645
Normal opening hours Mon to Sat 9am to 5pm
Alternatively, if you would like to order online please use the following link https://www.caseysschoolwear.co.uk/
Please note that students need black/dark tracksuit bottoms or shorts and trainers for PE lessons, these can be bought either from our supplier or from any other shop of your preference.
- Harris Academy Greenwich polo shirt
- Black or dark tracksuit bottoms or shorts
- Harris Academy Greenwich PE jumper (optional)
We understand that the cost of school uniform can be a burden to some parents, yet many children grow out of their uniform before it reaches the end of its life. A recent poll by Sainsburys suggested that a child will wear an average of 480 items of uniform clothing over the course of their school days and parents will spend around £6000 in total on uniform.
Donations of uniform are accepted all year round – these can be simply dropped off at reception. We ask for uniform in a clean and good quality state, but all uniform is laundered and pressed by our parent volunteers before sale.
We do offer a second-hand uniform service at HAGR which can be accessed in two ways:
Friends of HAGR Pre-Loved Uniform Sales
At several intervals throughout the year, our wonderful parent volunteers in our Friends of HAGR PTA, run pre-loved uniform sales. These will be scheduled on weekends or after school.
The next sale is: 1st November 2023 at 5.30pm - cash only please
The Second-Hand School Shop
Second-hand uniform is also accessible outside of the above sales, at any point throughout the year. Uniform requests can go directly to PreLovedUniformsHAGR@gmail.com, stating the item and size required. Where stock is not available, you will be placed on a wait list until more donations are received.
The suggested pricing structure of second-hand uniform is as follows:
- Blazers £10
- Trousers £3
- Skirts £3
- Jumpers £5
- Shirts £2
- Shorts £2
- Jogging Bottoms £5
- SS Polo Shirts £3
- LS Polo Shirts £5
- Trainers/Shoes £5
- Coats £5
We can support families who struggle to meet the cost of the above, please speak to the school to enquire further.
We also know that the cost of business wear for Sixth Form students is a concern for many families. We are currently accepting donations of business-wear items and hope to be able to offer these as part of the above sales.