Sixth Form Dress Code
SIXTH FORM DRESS CODE
You must be smartly dressed at all times, as you would be if working in a smart professional environment. You are role models for the rest of Harris Academy Greenwich and as such need to be smartly presented at all times. Identity cards with lanyards must be visible at all times.
- All students must always have blazer
- Formal shirts or blouses
- Smart, plain jumpers
- Formal Trousers or skirts
- Students wearing a skirt or a dress, must be at least to the knee
- Dresses should be formal and have sleeves which cover at least the top quarter of the arm)
- Formal Shoes
Religious Dress: Those wishing to wear the Islamic dress should wear a simple silhouette jilbab and a hijab. A formal business jacket will still need to be worn.
Blazers may be removed in warm conditions. Scarves may be worn outside the buildings but must be removed once inside.
The following are not permitted:
- Casual style dresses such as those with a vest style top, very thin straps and strapless style top
- Sweatshirts or oversized logos Denim/jeans trousers, jackets, shirts, blouses or skirts
- Studs on trousers, skirts or shirts/blouses
- Casual trousers – combats, track suits, leggings
- Casual tops – track suit, fleeces, T-shirts, hooded tops, vest tops
- Shorts, tight narrow legged trousers, trousers made of stretchy legging-type material
- Very short skirts/revealing clothes
- Trainers, pumps, canvas shoes, Vans, Kicker trainers or leisure shoes/pumps
- Gloves, hats, caps
- Clothing made of sheer/transparent materials
- Where possible, tattoos should not be visible.
Students will be sent home if they do not conform to the dress code. Parents/carers will be contacted on the first occasion a student is required to be sent home in relation to a dress code violation.
It is beyond the scope of the policy to provide guidance on every eventuality. In the event of queries, the Assistant Principal with responsibility for the Sixth Form, will act as the arbiter. If you fail to comply with these guidelines, you will be dealt with in line with the Academy Sixth Form discipline structure.