Y11 Trilogy Science
Harris Academy Greenwich Science Resources
How to use GCSE Science Resources
Dear Year 11,
You have officially complete all content in Science. So the resources in the shared area for you are for the whole course. However, for now we will still focus on Paper 2 resources.
All relevant resources can be found at in the student shared area: https://harrisfederation.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/sites/hagrstudents/Science/GCSE%20Science%202020?csf=1&e=ktcEve
Step 1: Knowledge
• Start with the ‘Knowledge’ folder, open up the flashcards pick a particular topic.
• As usual, draw a mind map for 60 seconds on the topic. What can you remember about it? What key words are there? What are the key concepts?
• then attempt to answer one row of the flash cards, take a full 90 seconds to answer these and do not check the answers during that time.
• Check the next page to see the answers and if they are not 100% correct repeat the row until it is. Then move onto the next row.
• Repeat this for the next rows over the next 20-25 minutes.
• Once you have completed a whole topic – try the ‘placemat’ to see if you can remember all the relevant knowledge.
Step 2: Testing
• Open the relevant file that contains either Paper 1 or Paper 2 Multiple Choice Tests.
• You can either test yourself on one topic, For example ‘Cell Biology’ by only doing the questions in that column. Or you can test yourself on the whole paper by doing all rows
• Use the mark scheme in the document to check your answers.
Step 3: Application
• This step will only be done if you have attempted all the questions in the flashcards on a topic, as well as the multiple choice questions.
• You can go to the ‘Application’ folder and attempt and mark the relevant exam pack for that topic.
• Use the mark scheme at the back of the pack to check your answers.
If you need anything further, your class teacher will be in contact via email. But if the matter is urgent or you cannot get in contact them, do not hesitate to contact me with the details below. Good luck year 11 and stay healthy.
Mr Alexander Jackson
Head of Department for Science
Harris Academy Greenwich
e: email@example.com t: 020 8859 0133 ex 4060