Year 7 Transition page
Welcome to Harris Greenwich
We recognise that starting a new school can be both an exciting and challenging time for students and parents/carers.
Due to COVID-19, we will not be able to offer the same transition activities that we would usually do at this time of year. However, we will endeavour to make your transition to secondary school as smooth as possible and are working closely with your primary schools to ensure you are fully prepared to start your new journey.
We will therefore be providing the following:
- The HAGR Transition Team will gather information from primary schools so staff can prepare for your child’s arrival
- A welcome pack will be sent to all parents/carers to share relevant and useful information (also available to view via the school website)
- A senior member of staff will arrange a meeting to speak with both student and parents/carers. This will be a time to talk through the school Code of Conduct and ask any questions you may have.
- A virtual tour of the school which will be uploaded onto this page of the website will enable you to view the school and meet key members of staff at your leisure
- A video introducing our Special Educational Needs (SEND) team will be available in the upcoming weeks
- A summer Newsletter will be sent home towards the end of the term. This will include summer ‘challenges’ to keep students and parents/carers active during the summer break!
Please do have a look through the information on this page and get in touch if you have any questions.
We look forward to meeting you in September!