Welcome to Seneca Learning for English
Please read the helpful information before clicking through to the website: https://senecalearning.com/
What is Seneca Learning?
Seneca Learning is a highly effective revision tool which all year 10 students use as part of their homework. Seneca Learning is an online platform containing summaries, notes, videos and lots of intelligently designed questions and types of practice. The system is completely adaptive so your child’s learning experience will be tailored to suit their needs.
Seneca Learning completed a Randomised Control Trial with 1,120 participants and found that those using Seneca Learning scored 2x more marks than those using a revision guide after only one month.
There is an option to sign up for free as a parent to support your child in their studies, to offer help and to check in on their progress. Click here to follow this link to access the parent sign up section of the website.
What are the expectations?
- Seneca homework will be set once a week by your child’s English teacher.
- The homework will take roughly 30 minutes to complete and must be submitted by 8pm on a Friday each week (at the latest).
- Students will receive a 15 minute detention with their teacher on a Monday after school if they fail the homework.
- A fail looks like: not completing the assignment in full, submitting the homework after the deadline, and not telling the teacher about a technical problem before the deadline.
- Students must continue to complete weekly flip and fetch for English.
How does Seneca Learning work?
- Student logins are their school email address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If students forget their username or password, they can speak to their teacher
Helpful tips about how to complete assignments
If you have any questions about Seneca Learning, you can get in touch with your child’s English teacher or Ms Thornton, Head of English, at email@example.com